Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Kwan Yin?


For a long time now, I have been trying to reconnect with the devine in some form or another.

I had a connection with the Great Goddess back when I first was initiated into Wicca.  I would sit in my closet at the shelter and light a candle and it seemed that She was there and she heard me. Later when my coven would call on her in Circle, we could feel her presence.  
Over the years, through the course of trying to find a way to function in the 'real world' - whatever that is - I lost the sense of contact with the devine.
When I changed my name, I chose Brigid as my middle name, and O'Herne as my last name, basically dedicating myself to the goddess Brigid and the god Herne.  
I read recently in The Inner Mysteries, by Janet Farrar and Gavin Bone, that the trend in Wicca now is to nurture a personal connection with an individual god or goddess, rather than the archetypal Goddess, and that the god or goddess must find the seeker, not the other way around.
Because Janet Farrar is someone I respect greatly, I took this to heart and began seeking a connection with a personal deity.  I had chosen Brigid and Herne, but had they chosen me?  How would I know? I've been meditating on this for a few months now and am still not sure.

Last night, I tried something different. I thought of the Goddess, and then I thought of all the names of goddesses and gods that I could think of. When I came to Kwan Yin, I felt a hand touch me on the right shoulder, from the front, as if someone were standing in front of me and reached across with her right hand.

Today I am doing research on Kwan Yin.  I am seeing this as a sign that Kwan Yin might be the deity with which I can connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment