Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Add the Words Video


Beautiful video!  I was not one of the protesters who risked being arrested, but my friend Janelle Wintersteen and I helped pack the gallery of the House for almost two weeks, to bear witness to bill 427 - a bill which would have excused people from following the law because of their religious beliefs. The bill was withdrawn back to committee, and we were told that our presence in the gallery did have an impact.
On the second week of our gallery vigil, Janelle and I walked into the courthouse, and suddenly saw the line of people snaking its way in through the door and up the stairs of the rotunda. It was a moment I'll never forget.
At 2:52 there is a photo of local ministers. Our Dana Worsnop is the one on the left. I am so proud to be a member of BUUF!

No comments:

Post a Comment